Friday, March 27, 2009

lesson: human element

On our way to and from work each day there is a man standing at the corner of the street selling water for a buck. He appears to be "homeless" but his attire is often in good condition. The sign placed on the ground is well written. The cart items appear to be untouched. A well dressed lady once put her bag under his cart during a conversation. It was an odd moment, like something out of place. In any case, I often wonder about his life story. I think it is easy to pass judgement and assumptions when we observe others from the outside. I am guilty of this as well based on my own initial observations. Judgments aside, I think a concious effort has to be made to remind ourselves of the human element of things. To at least allow ourselves time to feel for others even if we struggle with the reasoning.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP